Projects of all sizes may seem daunting at first. Breaking the project down into smaller, more manageable pieces allows you to develop an achievable plan for completing the project. The work breakdown structure (WBS) is one of the tools that you can use to outline your project into smaller, more manageable pieces called work packages.
Refer to Case 4.1 of your text. In this case, Brandon has been chosen to chair the 5K charity run for his fraternity, and you are presented with the details of this project. In a 5-page report, you should address the following:
- How would developing a WBS help to alleviate Brandon’s problems during the initial meeting? How can the WBS be used to organize and plan the project?
- Describe the process for creating the WBS.
- Create a list of the major deliverables for this project, and use them to develop a draft WBS with at least 3 levels of detail.
- Are there any interdependencies that need to be considered and, if so, which ones?
- Assign cost and activity durations to the work packages (these may be made up).
- Use either a top-down or a bottom-up approach to determine the overall cost of the project and discuss the approach used.
Be sure to cite your sources using APA; include your references and in-text citations.
Use this template to complete this assignment.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.