Class Exercise #4: Thesis Statement
1515 unread replies.1515 replies.
- Using page 10 and Unit 1 in the book Write and Wrong as a guide, draft your Thesis Statement.
- Using Unit 2, locate two additional (2) academic sources that you will use in your paper. As you did in the previous exercise, reference the two additional academic sources in APA format.
- Under each reference, write 2 to 3 sentences summarizing relevant information in the source that you will use in your capstone research paper. In essence, you are beginning to build and write your paper.
*To submit, select “Reply,” then copy & paste your response in the textbox, and select “Post Reply.” Please do not upload a Word document.
Below are three examples of references:
- Example of referencing a journal article in APA format: Selman, K.J., Myers, R., & Goddard, T. (2019). Young People, Shadow Carceral Innovations and the Reproduction of Inequality. Critical Criminology, 27(4): 527–542.
- Example of referencing a chapter in an edited book in APA format: Goddard, T., & Bellasalma, C. (2021). Voluntary organizations and crime prevention. In B.H. Huebner (Ed.), Oxford Bibliographies in Criminology. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Example of referencing a book: Goddard, T. & Myers, R. (2018). Youth, Community and the Struggle for Social Justice. Abingdon, UK: Routledge.