Prepare: Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review the Narrowing a Topic and Developing a Research Question Links to an external site.web page and Integrating Research Links to an external site.tutorial. These resources will help you in developing a topic.
It is also recommended that you review these tutorials from the UAGC Library:
Reflect: When considering a research topic, consider an interesting topic that is worth further research. For instance, having a strong opinion on a specific topic may deter you from thinking more critically, and therefore the research might end up being one-sided. It is a good idea to pick a topic in which you can provide a good argument for both sides of the societal issue.
Write: For this discussion, address the following prompts:
- Identify a global societal issue from the following list that you would consider researching further for your Week 5 Final Paper:
- International drug trafficking
- Describe effective methods you used in identifying and narrowing down to just one of the topics to further research for your Final Paper.
- Explain three ways to critically analyze sources to determine if they are scholarly.
- Summarize information from at least two scholarly journal articles from the UAGC Library that will support your claims for your chosen topic.
- Explain why scholarly sources should be used to support your writing on the selected topic.
- Download and attach a PDF copy of one of the peer-reviewed scholarly articles that you found from the UAGC Library to your answer using the “Attach” function located below your response.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length,