Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 7Assigned Readings:Chapter 15. Foundations of Organization StructureChapter 16. Organizational CultureChapter 17. Organizational Change and Stress ManagementInitial Postings: Read and reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Then post what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding in each assigned textbook chapter.Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion.Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- One of the main ways that culture is created and maintained within an organization is for the founder to only hire and keep employees who think and feel the same as he/she does. Discuss both the pros and cons of this idea and offer an opinion as to why this system can be effective?
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. Postings must be in the student’s own words – do not provide quotes!] [Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
Research Project – Group Submission
CourseBADM532 – Organizational Behavior
Purpose of AssignmentThe purpose of this project is to give your team an opportunity to apply what has been learned about organizational behavior (through course lectures, readings, research, and discussions) and expand research skills to analyze the problems of an organization. Since organizational work involves working and communicating with others, you are asked to participate in a group project. You will be randomly assigned to work in groups.
The aim of the group project is two-fold: 1) the project allows you to research and explore organizational behavior concepts in depth and 2) the project allows you to evaluate a current concept within organizational behavior within multiple organizations using the OB concepts we have learned and the analytical skills you have developed in the course. Your team will select a current concept in OB and identify at least four organizations in which this concept is applied to, research and present on.
What to DoGroups should:
- Identify three (3) organizations known to successfully apply the chosen organizational behavior concept to their organizational structure. *At least one of these organizations should come from Forbes 100 Best Places to Work list for this year.
- Identify one (1) organization known to unsuccessfully apply the chosen organizational behavior concept to their organizational structure.
- Be prepared to discuss how this organizational concept is applied in your own workplace – or could be applied.
*While the main focus of your research should focus on the OB concept chosen, you may incorporate other OB concepts/theories that strengthen your research. Be sure to aim for depth rather than breadth regarding the use of additional OB concepts. Any additional concepts should NOT change the focus of your research but strengthen.
Don’t forget to include:
- Description of the OB concept. The history and theories behind the use of this concept, as well as any negative opinions or theories against the concept.
- What benefits do you see with the use of this OB concept?
- Identify three (3) organizational known to successfully apply the chosen organizational behavior concept to their organizational structure. *At least one of these organizations should come from Forbes 100 Best Places to Work list for this year. Please provide a description of the organizations chosen, their background, and how/why this OB concept was applied. Be sure to include examples of concept applied within each organization (answers may vary based on the organization)
- How has this concept impacted the organizations? (answers may vary based on the organization)
- Describe how the organizations are viewed as leaders in their industry because of the use of the OB concepts? (answers may vary based on the organization)
- Identify one (1) organization known to unsuccessfully apply the chosen organizational behavior concept to their organizational structure. Please provide a description of the organizations chosen, their background, and how/why this OB concept was applied and unsuccessful.
- Compare and contrast the organizations’ use of the OB concept.
- Prepare a report to address all aspects of the assignment.
- This report should be no less than 10 pages and no more than 15 pages of content. Imaged (graphs, charts, & images should not count towards your 15 pages of content – Title page and Reference does not count towards your 15 pages of content.
- You must have at least 10 references (5 must be scholarly peer-reviewed articles). All outside sources should be referenced and properly cited in-text and on your reference page.
- In addition to the 15 pages of content, you will want a title page and references.
- This report MUST be in proper APA format.