The United States extends from one shore to another over the entire width of the continent. Because of this size, the United States requires reliable transportation to distribute goods, services, and security within our borders as well as ports for international commerce. The size of the nation inspires a sense of endless supply of fertile land for food production, oil for fuel, minerals for production, and beautiful locations for travel and leisure.
How do we balance our desire for inexpensive fuel or inexpensive coffee with information about climate change and social justice?
By Day 3
Post at least two paragraphs in which you respond to the following:
- Take a position on whether it is appropriate for wealthier countries to support poorer countries if they are affected by climate change.
- List one specific consequence of global social justice and how it affects climate change.
- Suggest an action that could be taken to lessen the effects of climate change on your community.
- Support your position by drawing on this week’s resources.
- Locate a recent online article that supports your position and provide insights about it in your Discussion.
- Post a link to it at the bottom of your post.
Read a selection of your classmates’ postings.